A trip to the museum is more than just a field trip! Learning outside of the classroom helps students relate in-school studies to practical applications in the world around them. Science Museum Oklahoma helps teachers statewide support classroom learning with engaging hands-on, inquiry-based exploration that speaks to the natural curiosity in young people.
Field Trip Rates (PK-12)
$7 per student/chaperone
Booked groups receive one free chaperone admission for every 10 paid students.
SMO's field trip rate is all-inclusive — the museum's permanent exhibits, Science Live shows, and Kirkpatrick Planetarium experiences — at one price. Seating for Science Live and the Kirkpatrick Planetarium is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Field trip rates are reserved for students in Pre-K through grade 12 and are available only when booked in advance by qualifying schools and organizations with groups of 10 students or more.
For the safety of students visiting the museum, Science Museum Oklahoma requires a minimum of one adult chaperone for every 10 students. All prices are per person.
Ready to schedule a field trip?
For faster booking, complete our school group registration form. Our Guest Relations team will contact you after you complete this form to confirm your details and reserve your date!
Science Museum Oklahoma is pleased to offer a limited number of field trip scholarships to Oklahoma Title I public schools each year.
|Available Scholarships for Oklahoma Title I Public Schools|
|BCBSOK Day, May 7th: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma is proud to present Be Smart-Don't Start Day at SMO on May 7, 2020, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for students in 3rd-5th grade in Oklahoma Title I public schools. This educational initiative is designed to teach students in grades 3-5 the dangers of tobacco use. Apply by Feb. 28, 2020, for a free field trip for your students! Apply|
Limited scholarships available: Hennessey Public Schools, Pleasant Vale-Pioneer Public Schools, Waukomis Public Schools. Apply
Ongoing: OERB. Learn more about OERB Scholarships.
|General Scholarships: Applications closed for 2020-21 school year.|
- Most field trip scholarships are only available for designated dates. If you are applying for a scholarship, please do not attempt to book a field trip prior to your application being processed.
- Please note that funds are limited and applications are reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Scholarships are not available for out-of-state schools.
- Questions? Email email@example.com or call (405) 602-3760.
Science Museum Oklahoma partners with the Oklahoma Energy Resources Board as part of OERB HomeRoom.
To be eligible to apply for field trip funding, teachers must attend an OERB workshop and teach the required OERB curriculum in their classroom. After an educator’s class completes the curriculum, teachers can submit an application for a free field to Science Museum Oklahoma.
- Free admission for classroom teachers and students to the museum.
- OERB show and either Kirkpatrick Planetarium or Science Live show.
- Partial to full travel reimbursement for schools or school districts paid for by OERB.
EMBARK 'Road Scholars'
If your organization or school is located around the Oklahoma City metro area, let EMBARK take care of the transportation for your field trip to SMO!
With EMBARK’s Road Scholars program, field trips are exciting and educational from the start. When you ride with EMBARK, you can teach students how public transportation helps to keep the environment clean and saves money in parking, gasoline, insurance, and car maintenance.
Interested educators should apply on the EMBARK OK website or contact EMBARK OK for more information.
Plan your trip!
Arrival, Bus Parking, Backpacks and Lunches
- A museum representative will lead students into the museum from your bus. Students will be taken to a grouping zone.
- Main teacher or point of contact should check in at Guest Relations.
- For faster check-in, download and complete the Express Check-In form before arrival:
Students may not bring backpacks into the museum while on field trips. Please leave backpacks at school, on your bus, or in vehicles.
- Bus parking is located on the west side of the museum, along Martin Luther King Ave.
- Overflow bus parking is at Remington Park Entrance 3. Entrance 3 is located across from the McDonald's on Martin Luther King Ave.
- A space will be reserved in the lunchroom for your group at a designated time if requested at booking.
- All lunches must be bagged and labeled.
- Lunches should be stored in the lunchroom in your group's designated area - it will be labeled with your school name and lunchtime.
- Carts are provided in the lobby to transport lunches. Please return carts to the lobby once lunches are unloaded.
- The lunchroom is in the southwest corner of the building.
Payment and Refunds
- Business checks will be reimbursed for amounts over $50.
- If paying with a P.O. an invoice will be emailed to you after your visit.
- Sponsors paying individually will pay full admission rate.
- Memberships and/or coupons are not valid with field trip rates.
Kirkpatrick Planetarium and Science Live Shows
Photography Policy and Basic Rules
- Please review our Visitors Policy and Code of Conduct.
- One adult chaperone is required for every 10 students.
- Students must stay with chaperones for entire length of visit.
- Students may not bring backpacks into the museum during field trips.
- Walk! For the safety of all of our guests, please do not allow children to run in the museum.
By entering the museum, you grant permission to the museum or our approved sponsor/third party to use your name, voice, image or likeness in connection with any image, video, other transmission or reproduction promoting the museum. Accomodations are available for guests who do not want to be or cannot be photographed for privacy reasons. If you have any questions or concerns, please speak to a member of our Guest Relations team.