Science Museum Oklahoma Hosts Spooky Fall Fun, Last Chance for 'Bodies Revealed'
Science Museum Oklahoma will host a number of fall-themed events throughout the end of October including spooky science, pumpkin painting and Dremel pumpkin carving, plus the final opportunity to see “Bodies Revealed.”
“Bodies Revealed,” the comprehensive exploration the human body that gives visitors the opportunity to view the beautiful complexity of their own organs and systems, will close on Oct. 29. Developed by Premiere Exhibitions, the exhibition features whole and partial scientific human body specimens meticulously preserved through an innovative process.
October events at SMO include:
- “Camp Rex” and Leaf Painting, 10:30 a.m., Oct. 24: Little scientists will read “Camp Rex” as part of Storytime Science and get hands-on with leaf painting in the SMO Gardens.
- Pumpkin Dissection, 10-11 a.m., Oct. 25: Early Explorers will dissect pumpkins in the SMO Gardens.
- Pumpkin Painting, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Oct. 28: Guests can paint a pumpkin in the SMO Gardens. Pumpkins are available while supplies last.
- Dremel Pumpkin Carving, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Oct. 28, Tinkering Garage: Carve a pumpkin with a Dremel tool alongside the museum’s Tinkering team.
- Spooky Science Demos, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Oct. 28-29, Sideshow Science Stage: Meet some of SMO’s favorite reptiles and arthropods, make ghost bubbles and vortex cannon rings, get gunky with slime, try color-change chemistry, and watch as SMO staff smash a pumpkin using only rubber bands.
- Family-Friendly Halloween Costume Dress-Up Days, Oct. 28-31: SMO staff will be in family-friendly costumes and guests are invited to dress up and join in the fun for all four days.
- “Lizard from the Park,” 10:30 a.m., Oct. 31, Sideshow Science Stage: Little scientists will read “The Lizard from the Park” as part of Storytime Science and get to meet a live lizard.
Storytime Science, Early Explorers, and all pumpkin and spooky science events are included with general admission.
Science Museum Oklahoma is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday; 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday; and 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sunday. General admission for “Bodies Revealed,” which includes access to the entire museum, is $25.95 for adults (ages 13 to 64), $20.95 for seniors (65 and older), and $18.95 for children (ages 3-12). Discounted admission to “Bodies Revealed” is available for Science Museum Oklahoma members. Member pricing for “Bodies Revealed” is $7.95 for adults, $5.95 for seniors and $4.95 for children. Group pricing is available when booked in advance.